Sunday, July 1, 2012

Reflections


Reflections in The Mirror




How often do you look in the mirror and the reflection looking back at you is smeared with splashed toothpaste, finger prints & other dirty marks that you have no idea what they are made from? Especially when you have kids! Oh and we cant forget the husband now, can we?

If you are anything like me, I love very clean mirrors & windows. But I'm very fussy when it comes to mirrors, I love smear, streak free, crystal clean mirrors.

Over the years I have tried some great window cleaners and some not so great ones & often wonder what was going through their heads when they formulated the one that left more smears & streaks than before you started cleaning in the first place!

Then one day I was introduced to an Amway one by a friend & I was hooked!!! It was the best no streak window cleaner I had ever used, ever. Until I decided to spend my time investing in the health of my family & went on a quest so to speak, to find safe chemical free natural homemade cleaning products that would also lessen the impact on the environment.

Well I searched the internet for what I would consider the best of the best & I am thrilled to say I have found it!!

Let me introduce you to the "Super Streak Free" best window cleaner ever & it only cost.....wait for it...... approximately 50c, Wow!! For a whole bottle of window cleaner.

The blue one is my window cleaner & the yellow bottle 
my citrus all purpose surface spray.

I ran around the house cleaning every conceivable shiny surface I could, I was so excited I just had to show it off to Mr Clean Freak himself. He wanted me to clean his car windows lol! 

THE WINNER!

Homemade Glass Cleaner 4: Vinegar, Alcohol, Cornstarch, Water



Alvin Corn Homemade Glass Cleaner 
  • 1/4 c. rubbing alcohol
  • 1/2 c. white vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 2 c. warm water
  • 1 drop blue food coloring (optional)
Combine everything in a spray bottle, and shake well. Shake well before using, too, as the cornstarch might settle at the bottom (and subsequently plug the spray mechanism if it’s not mixed in well).
What does "Alvin Corn" stand for? (Alcohol-Vinegar-Cornstarch)
I use Viva paper towel to clean my mirrors as it leaves them clean without leaving lint.
Tip time: For extra-shiny, streak-free mirrors, do a final wipe with (black and white) newspaper. It’s kinda awesome. I know my friend Linda M will omit this one lol!
Not to mention, it’s completely nontoxic, you can simply reuse your old cleaner bottle over and over and over again, and you’re not spraying nasty things all up in the air for your kids, spouses, and pets to breathe in.
Happy Cleaning!!

Cheers
Kitty Kat xx



1 comment: